#1 01-12-2013 03:17:17

Tonyf

The Cure, Doctor's and Tinnitus

This is a must read for all tinnitus sufferers. This may help you find a cure. I beleive I found mine.

My journey with tinnitus has been a long and difficault strugle. When I first complained about tinntius to my family doctor he stated it was my sinuses. It will go away he said. That was 2 1/2 years ago. When it didn't he told me to live with it. Since then my journey has gone to hospital visits, ENT'S, SURGEONS, DENISTs, HEAD DOCTORS, in fact I've seen just about everyone you could possible see. I've had back and sinus surgery. Everything I've done has come back with no good results in the case of tinnitus.

Have I been fixed of problems? Yes, my back and sinus surgery were total success. I no longer have those problems. The sad thing is I had to fight with the doctors to beleive I really had problems in the first place. In the case of my back I had pinched nerves. The doctors thought it was a hamstring pull. End result was I was right with the pinched nerve and the back surgery fixed the problem. With my sinuses 3 ENT's stated there was nothing wrong with them, it was all related to allergies with cats. After my own investigation I discovered that all my x-rays on my sinuses came back with infections. No ENT picked up on that. I got my third ENT to do the surgery and he was shocked to see that the MRI & X-rays failed to pick up the problems he found when he went in. Those problem have been resolved.

As we know tinnitus is the cause of something else wrong with the body. You my have read other post by me about Bologic Width, Adrenal Glan, Pinched nerves, & Pain and Tinnitus. All those were about my experience with Tinnitus. Could any of these items or combine items be the cause of my Tinnitus. The answer is yes they could be but they're not totaly the only cause. There is one more thing wrong with me.

The other day I went to a periodontist, This Doctor has known me for over 30 years and has cared for my gums during that time. Back in 2010 he was the only one who beleived me. I told him I had pain on my upper left side of my mouth. This pain had been there for years but the doctors, dentist could never find the cause. He did find it in 2010 it was a root canal gone bad. The tooth had to be removed right away. After that the pain was gone. It came back 2 1/2 years ago. Same time I had a large bridge put on that side to fill in where the tooth was extracted. Three months after that my tinnitus started. The pain has not gone away during all this time and neither has the tinnitus.

Again I went to all these so called doctor's to help me. Every time they've brushed me off as some kind of nut complainer. Well guess what? I went back to that periodontist and again he found a problem with a tooth. It seems that the root canal tooth under the bridge has a fracture and is casuing all of the pain and sensation of tinnitus. He refered me back to the dentist who did the bridge. This dentist washed his hands of me and told the periodontist to tell me to brush my teeth.
Can you believe this? Thank God the periodontist is a level head person. He has refered me to someone else to get this resolved.

I'm sure when this tooth is removed and the bridge is taken off that my pain and Tinnitus will go away. The periodontist believes the relation of the tooth and the ears are so close that it only make sence that they're related.

Please people don't take no from your doctor. Search yourself and don't give up hope that you'll find the cause of your tinnitus.

My tinnitus at this point is low just from fixing all the other things that were wrong with me. I expect it to go away totaly once this tooth is removed.

Best of luck to you all.

Tonyf

Last edited by Tonyf (02-12-2013 01:26:10)

#2 18-12-2013 01:55:35

Tonyf

Re: The Cure, Doctor's and Tinnitus

Update,

I saw the oral patholgist today. The news was more testing is needed. It now seems that we're on the right track to stopping this tinnitus. More often now Doctors are stating yes this could be the cause. The area around tooth 27 is the location of my problems (upper left & left ear T). At this time we're not sure if its a tooth fracture or nerve damage. Step one is to do a 3D x-ray of tooth 27 and bone. If no problems are discovered the next step will be with a neruologist to look at the nerves in the area.

By taking one step at a time I've been able to pin point an area of interest. Now the the Doctors are eager to find the cause of my pain and tinnitus.

Do to my persistence I've been able to keep the doctors looking for a cure.

Please don't take NO from any doctor. Push them until you find what is causing your T. Only then will you be rewarded with silence.

Last edited by Tonyf (18-12-2013 01:56:03)

#3 26-02-2014 13:21:58

Tonyf

Re: The Cure, Doctor's and Tinnitus

OK here's the good news my tinnitus is almost completely gone. Like I said in the past don't give up the search. After a long battle with tinnitus I've almost cured myself. My tinnitus is about 95% gone. I only hear it when I want to.

What was causing my tinnitus? I'm not sure but this is what I've done to clear it.

1) Meds for stress/anxiety.
2) controlling pain, find cause of pain and relieve it.
3) Pinched nerves, in my case surgery was needed
4) allergies take shots if needed.
5) Sinus infections, again not always cleared with antibiotic's, may need surgery.
6) Teeth, root canal teeth causing infections and nerve pain.
7) Neck, this will be the last chance to totally remove the remaining 5 % of my tinnitus. Find what's wrong with the neck muscle's, or nerves.

As you may see tinnitus can be cause not just by one thing but by a series of many things. I'm a much happier person now and I go about my normal day without even thinking about tinnitus.

I'm just a average person who refused to believe the Doctors that nothing could be done for tinnitus. I went on my own crusade to find a cure. If I could do so can you.

Best of luck my friends as this will be my last post. I need to move forward and put tinnitus to sleep.

Regards

Tonyf

Board footer

Based on PunBB 1.2.19