#31 09-08-2013 21:35:29

Eilleor

Re: Tinnitus loud noise

Txs for all the help.
I take 1 oxazepam before I go to bed, it helps, but when I wake up the first thing I hear is the screaming and hissing in my ear. How can I relax with this and accept it, I can not think about anything else anymore, because doing things like watching tv or talking makes tinnitus react and louder.
Even walking outside in the park is not helping a lot, but I force must do myself to do that.
I know that I have to relax and not to be upsett, but it is so difficult, so difficult to keep faith....I try and try....
Sorry everybody, I know there are so many people in the world living in pain, I have to remember that.

#32 09-08-2013 22:23:32

Thomas
Administrator
Website

For how long are you taking the oxazepam already? Whilst it is true that often tranquilizers help, they can also (like many other drugs) make things worse in some cases. You should take nothing for granted with tinnitus and consider all possibilities. So if you feel that your condition has even overall got worse since you started taking the oxazepam, you would be well advised to stop taking them for a while and see whether it makes a difference.

As for the tinnitus being worse in the morning, this is quite natural as your nervous system (and with it the tinnitus) starts to 'wake up' as well. The best thing is if you get up straight away in the morning after you wake up and don't stay in bed awake for much longer. The sooner you distract yourself from the tinnitus through some activity the better.

It certainly is all a bit of challenge at the moment, but you have to accept and live up to it, not to resign and feel sorry for yourself. Approach the problem from day to day and don't think so much about tomorrow or even weeks or months ahead.

Thomas

#33 10-08-2013 09:29:38

Eilleor

3 month ago when after a month tinnitus also my hyperacusis started, I was desperate and did not know how to live with it anymore, I went to my GP and he prescribed oxazepam 3x5mg a day, I did did for 2 weeks, it helped a bit, but I do not like taking drugs and specially not this kind of drugs. I brought the dosis back to 1 a day, before going to bed.
I really want to fight to get better, I try to think positive, day by day....
Anybody ever heard about 'Tone' form Nordic, it is a herb combination, it should calm your inner ear nervous system...

Board footer

Based on PunBB 1.2.19