#1 08-12-2007 09:24:12

Palanquin

Aire Freshener to MP3

In a much earlier post I read that <dBPoweramp> could convert <Aire Freshener> to MP3 to enable me to create white noise to use to go to sleep. Poweramp does not recognise the Aire Freshener format - though being 66yrs I'm no whiz. I'd be just as happy to by the CD but for some reason he has stopped producing it. Does anyone have a suggestion? I am bi-tinnitus, saccades in one ear and pulsating tinnitus in the other, 24 x 7. Just lucky I guess.  Many thanks- Palanquin

#2 08-12-2007 17:57:55

Thomas
Administrator
Website

Re: Aire Freshener to MP3

Hi Palanquin,

Welcome to the forum.

First of all, conversions to mp3 format can now only be done with the (upgraded) shareware version of dBpoweramp (as well as other programs), as any mp3 encoder must now be licensed (i.e. it can not be distributed in freeware products anymore).
What you probably anyway want here is the recording of a live sound on your PC. So you would start the Aire Freshener program, create some soundscape you like and record this to mp3. Previously, there was a freeware add-on to dBpoweramp called 'Auxiliary Input' that allowed you to do this, but because of the licensing issue, this is now under a shareware add-on called 'Power Pack' (which then allows you also to record to mp3). So for this, the file format of Aire freshener is then irrelevant as you just record the live sound in real time.

If you don't want to pay for the shareware option, you could still record the sounds direct to CD (I am sure you have got some program on your PC that allows you to do this).

Alternatively, the (also free) Atmosphere program (which offers more options anyway) allows you to record and convert the sound file to mp3 from within the program (although I have not tested this myself).

Thomas

#3 09-12-2007 05:38:55

Palanquin

Thanks for your reply Thomas,

Actually, what I am trying to get is the sound off my computer and onto an MP3 player/walkman.  I will try and work through your suggestions, though I have now been diagnosed with Sarcoidosos and I’m on Prednisone, so I have intermittent fog to deal with which makes tinnitus a walk in the park, and following directions a challenge!  Palanquin.

#4 09-12-2007 05:50:35

Palanquin

Sorry Thomas, I forgot to mention that although there are many and various “ambient sound” CD’s / down loads etc, Aire Freshener seems to have some that are just are the right tone/pitch whatever to completely tune out the crickets if not the heartbeat. Hence my tenacity. Palanquin.

#5 09-12-2007 15:53:35

Thomas
Administrator
Website

Palanquin,

As the Aire Freshener files are apparently a proprietary format, you can obviously not do a straight digital conversion. So playing it through the sound card of your computer and then recording this with a corresponding program is the only option in this case.

After having a closer look at the dBpoweramp website, it seems that the 'Power Pack' upgrade (which contains the required 'Auxiliary Input' program) is actuallly included with all dBpoweramp installs anyway, but works fully only for 30 days (unless you pay for the upgrade). So within this period, you should be able to record you sounds to an mp3 file. After that, you might still be able to record to other formats (like an uncompressed .wav format).

You may have to follow these instructions though if you want to do this with the latest version (12) of dBpoweramp, but it would probably be easier just to use the previous version 11.5 (can be downloaded from this link).

Thomas

#6 09-12-2007 21:49:39

Palanquin

Your time and patience is much appreciated Thomas. Palanquin

Board footer

Based on PunBB 1.2.19