#1 03-12-2007 00:18:32

kenji

taos hum mystery

http://www.terraresearch.net/articles/EarTones.html

Thomas you are a physicist. Do you think this is false or crackpot science?

actually i am one of few who suffer from the taos hum which is very rare form of low tinnitus.

#2 03-12-2007 14:54:46

Thomas
Administrator
Website

Re: taos hum mystery

The low frequency hum which some people hear are claimed to be external sounds and no tinnitus, although their exact nature is unclear. Some link them to electromagnetic waves like emitted by phone masts or other transmitters. I can't say more about this either. However, some passages in the article you linked to suggest to me that they actually don't quite know what they are talking about.

Thomas

#3 05-12-2007 14:50:49

kenji

but actually im not sure if my low frequency tinnitus is really tinnitus or actually coming from outside. It could be background vibrations from traffic etc.

But i have noticed that i now have an even greater awareness of very quiet external sounds too. What I mean is that I suddenly become aware of hearing quiet sounds which normally i may not consciously notice. It is not tinnitus but just some small noise..why is this?

has my brain been trained ever since i got the tinnitus, to pick up tiny sounds even if they are external?

#4 05-12-2007 19:29:21

Thomas
Administrator
Website

Obviously, if you are consciously monitoring all sound details, you'll notice things you never noticed before. And you may even create your own ones (I am sure you heard about the experiments where healthy people in a silent room start to hear tinnitus noise after a while if they listen just long enough).

Thomas

#5 06-12-2007 18:43:23

kenji

''Obviously, if you are consciously monitoring all sound details, you'll notice things you never noticed before.''

I dont mean consciously monitoring sounds i mean even if i am just doing something, I suddenly become aware of a very quiet external sound (not tinnitus) thats why i ask:

has my brain been trained ever since i got the tinnitus, to pick up tiny sounds even if they are external?

#6 10-12-2007 18:47:03

Thomas
Administrator
Website

Even though you may not be consciously monitoring sounds, you are doing it sub-consciously, because of their increased importance for you at the moment.

Thomas

Board footer

Based on PunBB 1.2.19